Highest sales record

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Highest sales record

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:09 am

A: Do you consider yourself successful?
B: I do consider myself successful. Because I always go above and beyond for my clients. I have achieved the highest sales record of anyone in my previous office. However, I am not content with that one success. I look forward to working hard to communicate effectively with future clients to improve on my sales record.

- Hi everybody! Does "I have achieved the highest sales record of anyone in my previous office" mean "My colleagues also achieved high sales record but mine was the highest in the office" in this situation?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Highest sales record

Post by trolley » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:30 pm

Not necessarily, Steve. If fact, while that statement may sound impressive, it doesn't have much power without us knowing how good the other sales reps were. They may have been absolutely horrible at their jobs and this guy was just really bad, but performed marginally better than them. In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Highest sales record

Post by Stevenloan » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:40 am

trolley : Thanks so much for your answer. Have a good day.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC