Wonderful Wife

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Wonderful Wife

Post by STEVENSAKURA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Wife: There you are! You're home late again because you had a hot date with some hot girl, right?
Husband: Why are you always skeptical about me? How dare I date another hot girl while I have such a wonderful wife like you?

- Do these sound natural? :)

Thanks a million!

StevenSakura
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Wonderful Wife

Post by Bobinwales » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

It would not be natural in my house I can tell you.

If she thought that I had been playing away, I wouldn't be able to get any sort of word in!

Bobinwales, ducking the flying frying pan.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 am

.. *WoZ hiding behind the sofa with Bob waving a white flag* .. same here mate but in the interest of the greater english good >>> Steve, I don't think that a wife would use the term hot girl when speaking of the young lady .. hot girl is actually a kind of compliment so I am sure that the wife would use a much more basic term like <R>slut, whore, tart, floozie </R> or the like ..

.. in his reply the section How dare I date another hot girl is all wrong .. you don't chastise yourself nor do you use hot girl for the afore mentioned reason .. he would be more likely to say something like >>

Husband: Why are you always skeptical about me? Why would I waste my time with some tart when I have a wonderful wife like you?

.. at this point he would go on to grovel and regale his wife with all her wonderful virtues and how sexy she was and how she satisfied his every wish, whim and dream .. and if he survives he would count his lucky stars and never do it again .. unless of course he is a slow learner like most males ..

WoZ practising his grovel just in case
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Lanfear » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 pm

WoZ

Will you marry me?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 am

.. Lan fear not .. you will be the first to know if I become available ..

WoZ *getting out "Baby Name Book" to see if Lanfear is male or female or androgenous*
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC