Wodehouse - a life by Robert Mc Crum

Read anything good recently? You don't have to write a review. If it was good, mention it here. If it was rotten, mention it here.

Please include both the name of the book and its author(s) in the title of your posting. Our gratitude for your considerateness will be your reward!

Wodehouse - a life by Robert Mc Crum

Post by Liam - Galway » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Just finished reading this & thought it excellent. Gives a great understanding of how he approached his work and of his life in general. The account of his war time problems are particularly well covered.

It also sent me back to re-read some of his work. I had forgotten how beautifully he wrote.

Only posted this to remind any other Wodehouse fans to re-visit his work!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Wodehouse - a life by Robert Mc Crum

Post by p. g. cox » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 am

Liam, I haven't read this one but I pulled out one that I had read sometime ago, 'Wodehouse at War' by Iain Sprout, 1981. The book details the grave injustice that Wodehouse had been subjected to by the British Government.
It includes the full original text of his five Berlin broadcasts-among some of the funniest stuff he wrote and Sprout's attempt to have him exonerated of all treason charges. Well worth reading if you haven't already done so.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Pete.

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC