"Cryptonomicon", by Neal Stephenson

Read anything good recently? You don't have to write a review. If it was good, mention it here. If it was rotten, mention it here.

Please include both the name of the book and its author(s) in the title of your posting. Our gratitude for your considerateness will be your reward!

Post by Shelley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 pm

A commitment and lots o' fun. There seems to be a bit of a cult following around this book, but I haven't explored it much. The book combines many elements (history, code-breaking, mystery, suspense, humor and more) to create an epic puzzler that takes the reader around the world and across time -- sheesh, this is sounding like the worst sort of back cover book blurb I've ever read.
Anyway, I liked it. Has anyone else read this?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by gdwdwrkr » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Somehow, coming from you, Shelley, it sounds alright. (Although I did almost imagine music rising and falling between your phrases.) Will look into it!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Shelley » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:45 pm

At the risk of turning off any interested readers, I'm providing a link to the transcript of an interview with Neal Stephenson. It's interesting, if you can ignore the typos and grammatical errors. He's written quite a few novels of the science fiction variety. Today I picked up "The Diamond Age" at the library. Will let you know . . .
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC