Any good writings on Ceylon's Colonial Planter's Life?

Read anything good recently? You don't have to write a review. If it was good, mention it here. If it was rotten, mention it here.

Please include both the name of the book and its author(s) in the title of your posting. Our gratitude for your considerateness will be your reward!

Any good writings on Ceylon's Colonial Planter's Life?

Post by reader001 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:35 am

I like to hear of well written BRITISH fiction/non fiction on Ceylon's Colonial Planters and/or their lives (Tea Plantations, that is). Even recent works. Or even specifically written chapters on this topics in other fiction/non fictions. If what I ask for is tall order, at least writings with an adventerous bent would really be welcome!! (Note: NOT Leonard Woolf)

For the uninitiated, the planters in Ceylon were BRITISH. And Ceylon (now called Sri Lanka) is a post colonial country with British being the last to rule till 1948...This is the island located south to Indian continent.

Please also write to me if you were a then British planter in Ceylon, or a descendant of them (preferably WITH Ceylonese Hill Country memories!)

-----lonelywalrus@yahoo.com----
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC