Sink, line and hooker

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Sink, line and hooker

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:40 am

A retired sailor met a retired pirate in a bar, where they fell to telling each other about their maritime adventures.

After the sailor had recounted some of his own, it was the turn of the pirate to answer a few questions from the sailor:

- So tell me, how did you get that wooden leg?

- Oh, this was during our first battle with the crew of a ship of the line. We fought hard and bravely, but I fell into the sea, and a great white shark bit off my leg!

- Wow! And how did you get that hook on your hand?

- That was during our battle with a second navy ship. Once again, we fought hard, but I fell into the sea a second time, and another great white shark bit off my hand!

- Dear me! And what about that patch? How did you come to lose your eye? Was it during your third battle?

- Oh, the patch… that’s nothing. Yes, it happened then.

- Please tell me all about it, I’m very curious!

- Nah, it’s not particularly interesting, really it isn't.

- Do tell me, please!!!

- Oh… all right...! So, we were fighting another ship belonging to His Majesty's navy when a seagull unloaded and shat in my eye... Well, it was my first day with the hook.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Sink, line and hooker

Post by tony h » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am

Well done Erik.
I do feel conflicted on so many excellent posts, and responses, that the only way of appreciation is through a reply. Making a reply seems overly weighty, for a number of perceptions, whereas the internet standard of a number of images-of-appreciation, you will understand from that that I have no idea what they are called, seems to work much more agreeably. Please accept this as a general acknowledgement and signal of appreciation across a range of posts.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Re: Sink, line and hooker

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Thanks, Tony. I'm glad you enjoy these postings. 😛

Phil and I did discuss the feasibility of implementing a “like" button some while ago, but we came to the conclusion that the technical challenges were too great when set against the prospective benefit.

The next best non-verbal equivalent to a “like" would be a suitable emoji.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC