A Salutary Christmas Tale

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

A Salutary Christmas Tale

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am

It was Christmas, and Johnny had a decision to make. Was he going to spend the big day with Edith or Kate?

Johnny was a bit of a rat really, because he had been stringing them both along since Easter, but he had convinced himself that just so long as he loved them both, everything would be all right.

What a silly man Johnny was. The man hasn’t been born that can fool a woman all of the time, let alone two of them.

“Well”, he thought, “”I can’t make up my mind, so it will have to be decided on the toss of a coin. Heads it’s Kate, tails it’s Edith”. Up went the coin, down it came, heads.

Taking his trusty mobile telephone from his pocket he flicked through the list of names, found Kate, and rang the number. He was astonished when it was Edith who answered. “Rat”, she yelled, “I’m spending Christmas with Kate. You can spend it in the park!”

So here was a lesson that Johnny should have already learned. In this life, you just can’t have your Kate and Edith!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC