Love, Vinnie

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Love, Vinnie

Post by Quail » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:19 pm

An old Italian man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig over his tomato plot, but he was finding it very arduous work because the ground was baked hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in jail. The old man wrote his son a letter that described his predicament:

"Dear Vincent,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging. If you were here my troubles would be over, as I know you would dig the plot for me.

Love, Dad"

A few days later he received a reply from his son:

"Dear Dad,

Not for nothing, but don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the bodies.

Love, Vinnie"

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house. Working in teams, they dug up the entire area, but finding no bodies in the ground, they apologized and departed. The next day the old man received a second letter from his son:

"Dear Dad,

Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love, Vinnie"
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC