A store story

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

A store story

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:21 am

In the supermarket aisle, a man passed a woman in whose cart a four-year-old girl was sitting. He heard the mother saying, "Take it easy, Natasha... won’t be long. There's just three more items on the list."

A few minutes later he passed the same woman in another aisle. As the little girl looked at the items standing on the shelves, the woman crooned in a soothing voice, "It's okay, Natasha. We've almost finished... There’s nothing to get upset about, Tasha dear, we'll be outside in no time at all."

By the time he reached the checkouts, the woman was paying for her groceries. "Excuse me," said the man, "I'd like to compliment you on how you kept your daughter calm while you did your shopping. I overheard some of the soothing remarks you were making to Natasha here to stop her from getting upset."

The woman looked puzzled for a few seconds, then laughed. "You've got it all wrong," she said. "My daughter's name is Kate. I'm Natasha."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC