When Mother came to dinner

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

When Mother came to dinner

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:01 am

John invited his mother over for dinner.

During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how physically attractive John's roommate was. She had long been unsure about her son's sexuality, and Scott’s good looks only made her all the more curious. As she observed their interaction over the course of the evening, she started to wonder if there was more between John and his friend than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, while Scott was in the bathroom John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Scott and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Scott said to John, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

John responded, "I very much doubt it, but I'll send her a note in any case."

So he sat down and wrote:

"Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner. Love, John."

Several days later, John received a letter back from his mother which read:

"Dear John, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Scott, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Scott. But the fact remains that if he was sleeping in his own bed, he would have found the ladle by now. Love, Mom."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC