Hot water

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Hot water

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:17 am

A businessman injured his leg skiing one weekend. By the time he got home on Sunday, his leg was very swollen and he was having trouble walking, so he called the family physician to his house. The doctor told him to soak his leg in hot water. But the leg continued to swell up and grew even more painful.

His maid saw him limping and said, "I don't know, I know I'm only a maid, but I always thought it was better to use cold water rather than hot to get rid of swelling." So on her advice, her employer switched to cold water, and the swelling and the pain both rapidly subsided.

On Monday morning the man called his physician.

"Hey, what kind of doctor are you anyway? After you told me to soak my leg in hot water it got a lot worse. Then my maid told me to use cold water, and it quickly got better."

"Really?" answered his doctor. "That rather surprises me; my maid has always recommended to use hot water."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC