The portal of bliss

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The portal of bliss

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:46 am

A wealthy playboy met a beautiful young girl in an exclusive lounge. He took her back to his lavish apartment, where he soon discovered that she was not only well-groomed but apparently very intelligent. Hoping to get intimate with her, he began showing off his collection of expensive paintings and first editions by famous authors. As a further prelude to his hoped-for seduction, he asked whether she would prefer a glass of port or sherry.

She replied, "Oh, sherry, by all means. To me, it is the very nectar of the gods. Merely to gaze upon it in a crystal decanter fills me with a wonderful sense of anticipation. When eventually the stopper is removed and the glorious amber liquid is poured into the glass, I inhale its enchanting aroma and I'm already elevated on the shimmering wings of radiant ecstasy. I have the inexorable sense that I'm about to imbibe an intoxicating magic potion, and it is as though my whole being is suffused with a sensual glow that lights me from within. The soft sound of a thousand quivering violins seems to fill my ears, and together my senses transport me to another world entirely, helpless to resist in any way."

She continued: "On the other hand, port makes me fart rather dreadfully."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC