An unsuitable choice

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

An unsuitable choice

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

When the store manager returned from lunch, he immediately noticed that the hand of his checkout clerk was bandaged from fingers to forearm. But before he could ask him anything about it, the clerk told his boss that he had some very good news.

"Guess what, sir?" the clerk burst out in some excitement, "I finally sold that abominably ugly suit we've been forced to display all these months!"

"What, you mean that repulsive double-breasted pink polyester effort with the blue facings and extra-wide lapels?" the manager asked.

"That's the one!"

"Hey, that's absolutely fantastic!" the store manager cried, "I thought we'd never get rid of that god-awful monstrosity! What a sartorial travesty that was! It had to be the most hideous perversion of tailoring that we've ever had the appalling misfortune of Head Office ordering for us to flog here! -- But tell me, John, what happened to your hand?"

"Oh, that!" the clerk replied, "After the guy finished paying for that suit, his guide dog turned on me."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC