A Christmas message

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

A Christmas message

Post by Phil White » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:26 pm

With absolute predictability, Christmas has once again crept up on us and taken us by surprise. Despite everything, or perhaps precisely because of everything that has been going on, this year seems to have flown by. It has been a strange year, and I sincerely hope that this Christmas message finds all of our readers healthy

For myself, I have been thinking how I shall celebrate when all the lockdowns and restrictions end. I haven’t taken a holiday for many years now and so I thought I would hang up a world map in the kitchen and throw a dart at it. Wherever the dart landed, that would be where I took a couple of weeks’ holiday. Turns out I will be spending a couple of weeks behind the fridge next year. Heigh ho!

Seriously, though, it’s bizarre how life has changed in so many different little ways over the past ten months. It always used to be that you coughed to disguise when you fart in company. Nowadays, you fart to cover up a cough.

And your habits change. I am a man of habit (and probably a man of habits) and it was always the case that I cooked a stir-fry on Tuesdays. Plenty of garlic and fresh ginger! Not so now! I always go shopping on Wednesday mornings, and walking around the supermarket with a nose-hammock on having eaten the best part of half a bulb of garlic the night before is not an experience to be recommended.

I wish all of you and your families a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas. Above all, keep yourselves and everybody around you safe!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Re: A Christmas message

Post by trolley » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Thanks Phil. Best wishes to you and yours and all the Wizards. I'm looking forward to closing the door on 2020. It's hard to believe that if you're smoking weed at a family Christmas gathering, the illegal part is the family Christmas gathering, this year. Be kind, everyone. Be safe.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: A Christmas message

Post by Bobinwales » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:05 am

Have the happiest of Christmases that you can mange Phil.
There certainly won't be another like this in our lifetimes.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC