Happy Christmas!

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Happy Christmas!

Post by Phil White » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Greetings to all!

For some reason, I woke early this morning. It was still dark, and the stars were out. But I could only see that because the lights were out too - which I thought was odd. I was unsettled about something. Then I remembered. I cannot recall whether it was Hector who was harrying me or Harry who was hectoring me, but one of my friends in the pub was doggedly badgering me about getting my Christmas letter written. Yes, that was what was dogging me. So I got up, my dressing gown, washed, dressed, breakfast and ready to set things right and set forth my musings for this year.

As it happened, I had already had some ideas that I wanted to write up, so I tried to write them down. Sheba, of course, has overseen the writing of the letter to ensure that nothing is overlooked.

But having got up and got down to work, I found that much of what I had wanted to say seemed to have escaped what I laughingly call my memory. There was only a slim chance of recapturing it. Fat chance indeed! I’m sure that I had quite a lot of ideas yesterday – yes, quite a few. But they are gone.

As I write, I sense that I am going down with a cold, but I stocked up with food a couple of days ago and there’s plenty left, so it’s all right. Strange things, colds and ‘flu: One minute you feel cold as hell and the next you feel hot as hell. Hell must be a very odd place, I suppose.

But still, the scintillating letter that I had thought of, thought up and thought out refuses to come back to mind. Mind you, I am minded to think that it may not have been that captivating after all.

Suffice it to say that Sheba and I are looking forward confidently to the coming year, on the bright side of life and well. I finally got round to purchasing a new DVD player after the old one died earlier this year. Sheba and I are eagerly anticipating working through my large collection of films on DVD in the dark evenings. Indeed, this will be the winter of our disk content.

As I get older, I like to think that I am slowly becoming a wise man, but perhaps I am merely becoming a wise guy. Nevertheless, I wish to share the little wisdom I have gleaned from life with you: However tough life may seem at times, always remember that, statistically, six out of seven dwarfs are not Happy.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Phil and Sheba
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Re: Happy Christmas!

Post by Dunkeld » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Phil White wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Thank you - and same to you! :)

Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr! :)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Phil White » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Bobinwales wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 pm
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.
I see you have opened your box of Christmas toffee early, Bob!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:43 pm

We Celts get things fairly close.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Post by Phil White » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Nadolig Llawen oddi wrth yr un sy'n cerdded ei gi ar yr hen domen sbwriel gan y dociau mewn rhan dirywio o'r wlad.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:09 am

Nadolig Llawen i'r holl hen gitiau eraill sydd wedi ymuno â Wordwizard.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:31 am

Diolch yn fawr, a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Post by Dunkeld » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 am

Bella Festas daz Nadal! :)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC