So, a peer you say

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

So, a peer you say

Post by dante » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:21 pm

It is difficult for me to understand this http://thegentleawakening.ning.com/foru ... poor-breed.
Poor people are nothing but rabbits for this idiot. And he's scared to death the poor might "breed" too much and maybe question his "peer" or "noble" title?

..down with nobles, peer, queens, kings and tzars..
Last edited by Phil White on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate language
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: So, a peer you say

Post by Phil White » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 pm

I should have thought that it was in Howard Flight's interest that the working classes were spending all their time breeding rather than being on the streets protesting or trashing Conservative Party Headquarters where they ought by rights to be.

But there are worse ways of spending your time when your job has been stolen by the greed of the bankers, the capitalists and their puppet governments.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Tony Farg » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Cohabitation has always been the solace of the destitute, or so I've been told.

[p.s.I've been too busy to visit the wizard for a long, long time, and its good to see nothing much has changed.]
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Phil White » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Welcome back! It's been far too long!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by dante » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Well, it seems that the poor are not so popular in Britain these days. The **** (I'd better put asterisks I already have a yellow card:) that is worried about the poor having too much incentive to "breed", is paid by the poor, and paid dearly. The crumbs of the taxes the working class gets back from the state through the social benefits, is a huge problem for a **** that lives in luxury, on the back of that same working class. Someone with so respectful title, which I guess implies very distinguished personal qualities, should know better than spitting in the hand that feeds his posh life.

This Times article here http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 593702.ece says that a peer like this one cost half a million pound a year, and it's not a problem, but a benefit for a child which amounts to a few hundred pound a year is a problem?

I must say that the whole that system of lords, peers, queens and princesses is lame and ridiculous and in the end, oppressive. People are forced to pay other people's "peer's" ways and do not get anything out of it, not counting being spitted on by **** like this one. From this distance, it seems that Britain is still living in some imaginary world of castes, with the proud of centuries long "noble blood", creating new "noble blood" along the way.
"Better people" in the form of peers, dutches and dutchesses, princes and princesses and the sort have been there for centuries to enlighten the planet with their presence and poor with their nobility. Only sometimes they would darken the poor, as when they imposed taxes on windows for example, but nowadays noble nobles have realized that the sun should be available to everyone, completely for free:)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Croeso i cartref Tony, it’s nice to see you back. I take it that the Post Office is starting to stand on its own corporate feet.

Dante, in the UK there are royalists, there are republicans, there are self-opinionated idiots like the one you found. The whole point of being resident in the UK is that we have four different societies, the English, the Scots, the Irish and of course the Welsh. We have lived together for a couple of hundred years, with the only antagonism being on the rugby field.

There are people who want to retain the monarchy. Others want a republic, others still want the four countries separated, yet others, myself amongst them, want the four countries to be a federated state. We use the ballot box. And almost all point fingers at Howard Flight and his ilk and call them exactly what they deserve to be called.

When I visited Croatia two or three years ago I was surprised at the hatred that I discerned for the Serbs. Apart for that surprise, I decided to keep out of it.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by dante » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:50 pm

We use the ballot box.
Well I don't know about the ballot box BobinWales. I wouldn't say you elect those lords, and I wouldn't say that there's an option to get them from working people's back, or to abolish the monarchy who you pay dearly.
The whole point of being resident in the UK is that we have four different societies, the English, the Scots, the Irish and of course the Welsh. We have lived together for a couple of hundred years, with the only antagonism being on the rugby field.
Sounds idyllic country BobinWales :) That sounded so appealing to me I'd get my suitcase this moment and emigrate to Britain, only if you would accept me there. I've heard different stories than yours BobinWales though. The Irish for example having a grudge of English and the other way around. Or English English having a grudge of Pakistani English and the other way around.
When I visited Croatia two or three years ago I was surprised at the hatred that I discerned for the Serbs.
That almost tempted me to write about why and how all that happens, but no, I'm practicing my punctuation right now, no time for difficult discussions.

..dante is preparing for his &%*&@* exam..
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Dante, as a wise Yorkshire man once said, "If you don't know owt, say nowt".

Good luck with your exam.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by dante » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Did you have to go all the way up for a smart man from Yorkshire to find so smart an adage BobinWales :)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC