What is the most romantic moment of your life?

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

What is the most romantic moment of your life?

Post by addymark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello.
My boyfriend and I were in a deserted stairwell, and the light was shining from the outdoors right onto where we were... It was the same first stairwell we hugged at, and this time, we hugged too, but it was like making out without the kissing, and I felt so overwhelmed and dizzy. We were almost about to kiss, but I felt drained.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: What is the most romantic moment of your life?

Post by hsargent » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

We were talking about the car we associated with our romance with our spouses. Mine was a '55 Studebaker. That car went through college with me and my first two years of marriage (1966).

I asked an British Artist friend of mine the same question. She surprised me with the fact that they did not have a car until their first child. Their romance was by foot and public transport. Quite a difference in cultures by country.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Harry Sargent

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 pm

I think that it may depend on where people live Harry.

I have driven since my teens, and apart from short periods when Wife-Number-One and I were young and struggling financially, have had a car of some sort continuously.

However, if I were living in, say, London, it is much easier and convenient to use public transport, but where I live is not nearly so well served, and had I had to rely on buses and trains when we were courting, she and I would never have got married. Bugger… Now. After all these years it dawns on me how I could have made my escape!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:27 am

.. Mark .. I met my anam cara at Uni .. went steady for 32 years and then got married in the courtyard where we used to wait for each other after lectures ..

WoZ the old romantic
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC