abbreviations in page titles

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:27 am

You know there's only one Great Briton as far as the people Stateside are concerned, Erik, and he doesn't need there to be any underlying links.
Reply from Edwin Ashworth (Oldham - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:41 am

Dale
If you check with IATA you will find all countries have
a 2 letter code as do airlines, airports have a 3 letter code,
so Australia is AU, even FEDEX uses the IATA system to track
items.
Reply from Gary Wallington (Akolele - Australia)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:56 am

Well, Edwin, I've searched up hill and down Dale, and I have come to a similar conclusion about the underlying links; the only places I haven't looked yet are the golf course and the butcher's slab. (Where's My Driver? - and Where's Mr Dictionary?)
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:10 am

You're only pretending to have those resources to keep us in awe of you. And I bet you won't find any in a bunker. Maybe a few hooks. Otherwise, not a sausage.
Reply from Edwin Ashworth (Oldham - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:27 am

Erik had expressed puzzlement, bringing up an interesting subject for discussion. When I dropped it in a chat with a Japanese acquaintance he reacted the same way. Where a fem goes unspecified, however, most Americans assume the wife.
Reply from dale hileman (Apple Valley, CA - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:28 am

Dale, are you trying to tell us that Laverne and admonitory/admonition are a well-known combination of words in Apple Valley? Allow me to add my puzzlement to the pot. Please elucidate.
Reply from Russ Cable (Dallas, TX - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:29 am

Yes; she belongs to many local clubs and is very outspoken at meetings
Russ, just kidding; had used the phrase in earlier thread
Reply from dale hileman (Apple Valley, CA - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 am

Well that doesn't tell us anything useful at all, beyond hinting that you have both a wife and a mistress. Which is hardly useful to know either.
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC