List of reference sources for English etymology

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:27 am

I have found what seems like a very useful and comprehensive list of reference sources on all manner of matters pertaining to the English language and its history at Etymological & Languages Sources & Links . It covers both print and online reference sources, and is part of the http://www.wordorigins.org website operated by Dave Wilton.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Does it have "sausage"?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:21 pm

I should like to interpolate an interrobanger in response to Edwin's question.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Erik doesn't mince words.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:06 pm

You have a knack for bringing out my wurst side, Edwin.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:33 am

That's the story of my life.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:14 am

For some people, it's a case of "saveloy, c'est la vie".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:20 pm

I thought it was "variety".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC