art-induced sickness!

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

art-induced sickness!

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Would that be a fishing smack?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:53 pm

Yes, they usually carry painters.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:56 pm

Well, someone has to take care of the lines.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:09 am

And the canvas.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:31 am

You don't feel that's rather a stretch?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:16 am

Forty days before the mast.

There's bound to be a boom in seascapes.

I consider Salmon to be very good; Herring was misguided into rural pursuits. Of course, one has to watch out for fakes now these new dedicated paint-like-an-old-master devices are on the market. Titian chips.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:59 am

I hear that Man Ray is in particular demand. Of course, this tale of Ray may be just a fluke.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:09 pm

Wasn't he the flounder of the Lowestoft School?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:25 am

If so, he must have been prematurely suffolkated.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Like Gasper David Friedrich?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Shelley » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Just when I think Erik's mocking me, I discover the word "smack" in Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea which I happen to be reading at the moment. For general information, "smack" is the name of one of the variety of boats the old guy takes out onto the waters. Sorry to dredge this thread up again, but truly -- I had not a smackerel of an idea what was going on, until providence provided the answer (it must have been blowing in the wind).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

art-induced sickness!

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:40 pm

Yes, it must have been a boat - I don't remember Hemingway mentioning any heroine.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC