smoking-jacket

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

smoking-jacket

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:22 pm

I heard on a comedy programme the other day that John Prescott had reassured those people living in the path of the smoke-plume from the Bunsfield disaster that there was not a great problem with toxic fumes. He went on to say that there would admittedly be a significant contribution to global warming from the greenhouse gases emitted - carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and hydrocardigans.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

smoking-jacket

Post by russcable » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:49 pm

I'm afraid without your "smoking jacket" title, I'd still be puzzling out whether they were expecting some sort of ice age due the global warming ala "The Day After Tomorrow". Actually, I'm still not sure I really get it - is it really funny or just sort of clever wordplay? Maybe you just had to be there.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

smoking-jacket

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:09 pm

Russ, Prescott is notorious for his malapropisms; like Dubya after snorting platitudes (yet again).

It's enough to make anyone jumpery.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

smoking-jacket

Post by Shelley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:05 pm

russCABLE, don't sweat it: it doesn't have to leave you in stiches.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

smoking-jacket

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:52 am

But it could leave Russ unpicking his way through pastiches.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

smoking-jacket

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:08 pm

Or JP with his new soot.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

smoking-jacket

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:50 pm

Clearly a case of "ashes to sashes, dust to bust".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

smoking-jacket

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:00 am

Apparently, hydrocardigans are produced by Diesel.
The Bunsfield green-field site is now the Bunsfield brown-field site and so more houses can be built near the tank-farm.
This is perhaps in accordance with an earlier promise made by John Prescott: "The green belt is a Labour achievement, and we are going to build on it."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC