over-sharing foul

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

over-sharing foul

Post by river » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:47 pm

"Don't go in there for about five minutes. That little fan is no match for me."
And someone responded: OVER-SHARING FOUL.

What is the meaning of "over-sharing foul"?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: river

over-sharing foul

Post by minjeff » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:58 pm

Could you provide context for "there" and "that little fan"?

Anyway here's my guess assuming that this is a bathroom situation. "Over-sharing foul" in that context would seem to mean "too much information," most people I know abbreviate this to "TMI". It merely exerts that one shared over the necessary information needed; the foul is outside the legal area of play (baseball). So, information given out side the legal area of play= Too much information or Information that I didn't want/need to know or Information that is inappropriate.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Letters go together to make words; words go together to make phrases, and phrases sentences, but only in certain combinations. In others they're just non-sense.

over-sharing foul

Post by russcable » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:26 pm

Agree with minjeff, except I think foul refers to the other type of sports foul (not a foul ball). An infringement of the rules which was noticed by the referee for which you can expect to receive a penalty of some sort.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

over-sharing foul

Post by dalehileman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:25 pm

I get zero hits on the expr; so wouldn't it be safe to conclude that it's pretty obscure
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

over-sharing foul

Post by Bobinwales » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:05 pm

Perhaps you could ask whoever said it where he got it, and if he coined it, what he meant.

@ @
\_/
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

over-sharing foul

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:00 am

.. I reckon minjeff with russ's amendment have nailed it .. well done in the line of thinking independently and not simply rushing off to some guru's book or other to quote what THEY think is the answer .. and Dale you should now get at least one hit and it will be requoted and requoted and low and behold pretty soon it will reach exponential proportions and it will all be traceable back to River asking what it meant .. *sigh* .. isn't Google great .. hee hee hee ...

WoZ of Aus 20/11/05
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

over-sharing foul

Post by river » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:04 am

The guy coming out of the toilet has just made a foul smell that will take at least five minutes to dissipate. The fan that extracts the bad air is too small to cope. The guy's comment about the fan sounds almost like he's boasting about the smell he's 'managed' to produce. Am I guilty of over-sharing foul?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: river

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC