Email large files

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Email large files

Post by dalehileman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:06 am

I have written a couple of treatises which internet acquaintances have asked to see. However, Verizon evidently won't accept an email longer than around 100k; so anyone have a suggestion--Thanks most kindly
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Email large files

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:06 am

One way is to set up a website and post your treatises there. (Your Verizon subscription may have entitled you to free webspace that you do not even realise you have.) Or, for cheapness and simplicity, you could just start a blog somewhere like http://www.blogspot.com, and post them there. Or -- dare I suggest -- you could even send them in the regular mail, either on floppy disks/CDs or as printouts. (Shock, horror! :-)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Email large files

Post by Phil White » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:17 pm

According to their blurb. Verizon provides considerable volumes of email storage (2 GB) on all their packages, and I'd be surprised if they had a serious limit on individual email size. Most packages (other than free email addresses) that do restrict email size have restrictions at about 5, 10 or 20 MB (but accounts rarely restrict the size of outgoing mails).

It could, of course, be that the recipient's address has a size limit or that their mailbox is full.

You could try zipping the attachment (a practice that has become sadly less common as all but the technology-dispossessed in the back-of-beyond, such as myself, have broadband access). As Erik points out, you should have web space with your Verizon account (they say 10 MB of space with all DSL packages), and maybe they'll let you run an FTP site there as well. You'll have to ask them.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Email large files

Post by dalehileman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:59 pm

Thanks guys--I shall mull over these suggestions and pass them along to my No. 1 Son who is an IT and may help me implement them
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Email large files

Post by Phil White » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:49 pm

... my No. 1 Son who is an IT ...
Suppose it makes a change from a SHE or a HE.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Email large files

Post by dalehileman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:14 pm

Phil: It took me the better part of a minute to catch on, but it was a good chuckle after all
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC