Surname

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Surname

Post by dalehileman » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:08 pm

We see that the actual father of Amber Frey’s baby is one Christopher Funch (Wrong man paying..., AP Sept 22)

Would it then not be appropriate to bestow upon the child, the surname “Funch-Frey”
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Surname

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:16 am

Pardon? I think possibly something has passed me by.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Surname

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:23 am

To me, Dale's posting is a kind of picnic in which he has supplied the words ("Here... Have some more of this delicious Funch-Frey! I made it myself, you know!") and his readers must supply the meaning ("Oh! Funch-Frey! Is that what it is -- I thought you said 'lunch tray'! ...So what's in it, exactly?").

Is that so wrong?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Surname

Post by dalehileman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:33 pm

I thought I had submitted this in "No, wait...", where I thought it belonged but somehow it got shifted to "Miscellaneous"

Anyone who doesn't think it's funny simply shouldn't laugh
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Surname

Post by russcable » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:50 pm

Here's a hint for those people who have a Queen on their stamps - the child is a chip off the old block...
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Surname

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:38 pm

Any hints for those who stamp on their queens, Russ? :-)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Surname

Post by russcable » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:15 pm

I think soccer hooligans know the same thing about chips.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC