Aarrrggggah, ye 'urt m'gulliver

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Post by Quail » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:15 pm

I was rummaging in my archives and came across this excerpt from a local newspaper. I copied the lines because they made me cringe at first, and then smile. I hope you enjoy it as well.

The Detroit News, Metro Section, Monday, November 25, 2002

Sheena Barnes;street vendor; disallowed street sales by Sumpter Township "politics", opined:

"Maybe I was the pawn to break the ice and get this fire started."

Also: "You think one person shutting down a barbeque will ignite a whole town."

and: "When this was done to me, it threw me into a bucket of other people's frustrations who'd been biting their tongue about how the township had been running."

and: "Maybe I ignited it. It's like taking a cat's kittens. You take them, and I'm going to scratch back."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by russcable » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:23 pm

International Talk Like a Pirate was Monday. Perhaps your transmission is stuck in Arrrrrr?

If I were a township, I wouldn't like someone trying to sell my streets either. ^_^
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Quail » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:18 am

Russcable:
I'm surprised that any other adult, except for my daughter and her friends(young 20s), was aware that Monday was International Talk Like a Pirate day. Monday, it was Arrrg this and Arrrg that all day, and most phone calls began with the salutation of Arrrg. Now, safe for another year! Arrrg to ye matey.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:27 am

I was once in a meeting where the chairman said, "We will put the item on the back burner until it is flagged up, or it may even be flushed out earlier."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC