blue berries

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

blue berries

Post by Tabby » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:47 am

Where do blue berries come from? was a question asked in my childs class...
Can anyone help?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

blue berries

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:39 am

Tell your child to tell her class they come from blue berry bushes, Tabby. Though some people might claim they are the leftover food of blue berry fairies, they would be wrong. (Trust me on this one, OK? I know it's pretty hard to believe...)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

blue berries

Post by russcable » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:07 am

Perhaps Tabby meant where are blueberry bushes grown? Try this for a starter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

blue berries

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:33 am

Tabby, just so your poor child does not grow up with the US egocentric view of the planet I would like to assure her that Downunder we grow our own blueberries .. we do have to be careful though as they are the favourite food of the blue tailed bunyip a species of lesser bunyip that is very shortsighted and has been known to mistakenly take a nip out of anything coloured blue so the pickers who work in the blueberry fields never wear blue jeans .. true story Tabby .. *grin* ..
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

blue berries

Post by russcable » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:06 am

!!! NEWS FLASH !!! Non-native fruit actually grows in Australia!!! Local legend reports: "These blueberries taste even better than pants!!!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC