book tampering

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

book tampering

Post by pingpong fan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:05 am

Today when I flicked through a recently bought dictionary a certain word a racial slur I better not repeat had been obliterated presumably by someone who objects to it's inclusion. Racial slurs this included are well covered on site.I just hope this example of book vandilism is rare.Despoiled library books I'm used to: an anti-social activity. Not quite book burning but suspiciously like a campaign by some to sanitise the history of language.I know this is covered in the archive but report this nonetheless.Has anyone else similar experiences?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

book tampering

Post by russcable » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:14 pm

I think maybe you bought your computer at an outlet since there's no comma on your keyboard ^_^ and the spacebar seems to fail after striking a period 0_o
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

book tampering

Post by pingpong fan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:21 pm

russcable wrote: I think maybe you bought your computer at an outlet since there's no comma on your keyboard ^_^ and the spacebar seems to fail after striking a period 0_o
I refuse to comma about this full stop. Oh, OK, was commatose I suppose on warm beer as is my wont. Won't you cut me some slack punctuation - wise, my book's been bowdlerized man, I'm spaced out dude, even if my prose isn't. Heh, though, I think I've got it, the lazy writing rules of electronic mail do not apply in this sanctum. In fairness I had done & redone this post umpteen times and got sloppy so your's was a warranted brickbat. One last thing, my name is Frank, and I suffer from, gasp,
c:o:l:o:n:i:c i:n:c:l:i:n:a:t:i:o:n punctuated by periods of inanity.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

book tampering

Post by russcable » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:51 pm

Sorry to seem critical, my complaint isn't so much from a grammatical purity standpointbutthat all your posts seem to run onandonwithmanyparentheticalphra seslikewiseclauses thatarenotproperlymarkedofffromtherestofthesen tencethusma kingthe mveryha rdtopar se. And I originally read a much earlier version of this post this morning that still had the W-word in it and was much worse than it is now which is to say that it is better now not that it's not still fairly hard to parse but not so hard to parse earlier as it was and is then now.

To make this conversation more on-topic, I thought I would mention that's not a commonly used word in the US. I had to look it up as I thought you had perhaps a vertically dyslexic cat (but that's not a US word either).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

book tampering

Post by pingpong fan » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:48 pm

Happy Fourth of July.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC