see you

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

see you

Post by aelnamer » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:29 pm

Frank, this seems to be a universal sign off, with a commercial influence, of course. I like it when they say"good bye, until our next broadcast." True story: A friend of mine in Winnipeg ran a small grocery store. A customer wearing a long coat came in and headed towards the magazine section. Although he acted suspiciously, she did not approach him. As he left the store, she told him in her usual way, to come again. Well, you can imagine what happened.
Ahmed
12th of July,2005
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Ahmed EL Namer
Dawson Creek,BC

see you

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:04 pm

I imagine her customer was merely broadcasting his seed in the usual manner.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

see you

Post by pingpong fan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:25 am

Alton wrote: take pity on us poor North Americans many of whom, myself included can barely conceal our chagrin when a store clerk says to us "have a nice day".
Dear Alton, I will adopt letter writing mode in responding to your friendly post in like fashion. On my best behaviour also, using commas as instructed by dear Russ earlier. Don't I agree about your countryperson's "have a nice day". Chagrin in spades, I can imagine, unlike most US things it never caught on over here, thank god, unlike T.G.I.F. eateries, where perhaps they might utter this godawful expression. I kid you not on this subject I watched horrified a TV doco. on an execution and unless I imagined ithe Prison Governer said these last words, from habit I guess. On a lighter note, a less than cheery cockney bus conductor whose double-decker I used - when we had such creatures - had a badge aimed at his tourist passengers which read: " don't tell me what kind of day to have", there's earthy London wit for you, nothing like the Dick Van Dyke version foisted on the world by Hollywood.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

see you

Post by pingpong fan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 am

I have just read your good joke Ahmed, and Erik's bang on form riposte.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC