Inability of being true to himself

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Post by paras146 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:52 am

I seriously need have a word for this phrase , whoever can please guide me , my english is really poor
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri May 06, 2005 11:45 am

In this general area you may want to consider: self-deceiving, self-deluding, letting oneself down, letting something/somebody get the better of one, not following one's destiny/dreams/stars, aiming low, not living up to one's potential, living in a fool's paradise, living in cloud-cuckoo-land, being led astray, allowing oneself to be led astray, getting distracted.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Phil White » Fri May 06, 2005 3:08 pm

Paras,

I certainly can't think of a single word, but perhaps "lacking integrity" or "lacking the courage of his convictions" may get close to what you want.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by dalehileman » Fri May 06, 2005 4:04 pm

That's a tough one; I was stymied so I asked spouse Laverne, who is much smarter than I: Her instant reply: "I don't think there is any such word"

Erik and Phil come about as close as possible

Check back from time to time tho
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC