private messages

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

private messages

Post by dalehileman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm

My thanks to you guys for making private messages possible. However, how do you know when there's one waiting for you
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

private messages

Post by Phil White » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:08 pm

Next to the "Private Messages" entry in the menu, the number of unread messages is shown in red (xx New). You should have one now.
Please make sure you all clear out your inboxes and outboxes. Ten messages is your limit. That's it. We're not a dating agency.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

private messages

Post by dalehileman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:46 am

Thanks Phil I found it.
Again forgive my PC stupidity

And finally figured out how to get rid of the red message. Not only do you have to delete the private message to which you just replied, but you must then return to and refresh the home page

PS: For the most part, love your new editing capability in the public domain
But I still haven't figured out how and where to find my own private reply, to check it and see if it was transmitted ok or needs editing, etc; because when I Send it, it disappears
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

private messages

Post by Phil White » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:36 am

Like an email, Dale you can't edit it once it's gone. You have an outbox where you can store copies, but they are just that, copies. You have an option in the editing window to save the message to your outbox.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

private messages

Post by dalehileman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:09 pm

Thanks Phil--guess I'm getting to be a fussbudget in my old age. By the way, you have a message about circumventing one of Gates' most persistent glitches
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

private messages

Post by mongrowl » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:08 pm

Dale,
What is going on? Something is very fishy. You clearly have a box somewhere. Phoney name on this list? There is no msg box annotated on your membership list. Did you remove it?? What prompted this quiery, was the question, I have, about why so many members don't choose to have boxes, Why you don't or Why you removed it. What am I missing here about Why no casual members have msg boxes.??
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All we can do is the Best we can do.

private messages

Post by dalehileman » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:15 am

mongrowl wrote: Dale,
What is going on?

Don't know

Something is very fishy. You clearly have a box somewhere.

Don't remember seeing one

Phoney name on this list?

Not as far as I know.

There is no msg box annotated on your membership list.

What's the membership list and where would I find it

Did you remove it??

Not unless I somehow did it accidentally

What prompted this quiery, was the question, I have, about why so many members don't choose to have boxes,

I don't remember being asked if I wanted one

Why you don't or Why you removed it. What am I missing here about Why no casual members have msg boxes.??

Maybe someone else will be of more help
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC